As one of the founding partners of Maurice Wood, Aaron Maurice is a highly regarded attorney with more than 20 years practicing in complex commercial litigation, with an emphasis in title and real estate litigation. Aaron also has experience litigating state and federal excise and use tax cases and defending clients in professional malpractice and catastrophic personal injury actions.
As a result of his reputation in the courtroom and the legal community, Aaron has been asked to serve as lead counsel in many cases outside Nevada. To date, he has accepted such representation in cases pending in federal and state courts in Alaska, Arizona, California, Illinois, Kentucky, and Washington D.C. Aaron has also been engaged to consult on litigation in Australia, Germany, and Switzerland.
Aaron handles litigation matters in all state and federal courts in Nevada, as well as disputes subject to mandatory and contractual arbitration and regularly represents clients in hearings before various Nevada administrative boards.
When he is not working, Aaron can be found going on long walks with his wife, Rebecca, or spending time, at one of the various aquatic facilities in the Las Vegas Valley cheering for his daughter’s swim team, or at one of the Valley’s many baseball complexes supporting his son’s baseball team.
Mr. Maurice is an avid sports fan (traveling multiple times throughout the year to root on his favorite teams (He bleeds Dodger Blue!)) and he loves classic movies (if he could only have one channel, it would be TCM).
Professional or Civic Affiliations:
· Member, State Bar of Nevada, 1997
· Founding Board Member of the Nevada Chapter of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
· Member, American Bar Association
Admitted to Practice:
· U.S. Supreme Court
· U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
· U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
· U.S. Court of Appeal, Federal Circuit
· U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
· U.S. Court of Federal Claims
· State of Nevada
· Syracuse University College of Law, Juris Doctor, 1997
· Loyola Marymount University, Bachelor of Science (Political Science), 1994