Amanda Baker primarily practices in the areas of title insurance and commercial litigation. Previously, Amanda was an associate at a prominent Mountain West AmLaw 200 firm in their Las Vegas office, working in the commercial litigation practice group. Amanda also has experience representing clients in creditors’ rights, shareholder derivative, and complex business disputes.
Amanda earned her Bachelor of Arts degree, summa cum laude, in English and Spanish from The Ohio State University in 2013 and went on to receive her Juris Doctorate from The Ohio State University, Michael E. Moritz College of Law, in 2016. Amanda won several awards for academic achievement in law school, including winning the CALI award for top grade in her class for six separate classes and the Ernest Karam Award for Outstanding Legal Writing. While in law school, Amanda served as Note Editor for The Ohio State Law Journal, overseeing the drafting and publication of student law review articles. Her own work was published in the Texas Review of Entertainment and Sports Law.
After law school, Amanda worked for three years in Cleveland, Ohio at a preeminent national AmLaw 100 law firm before moving to Las Vegas in 2019.
Outside of the office, Amanda enjoys exploring the outdoors and soaking up the sun any way she can, especially walking, hiking, running, or biking, usually with her husband Dan and/or son E.J. in tow. She also enjoys reading, playing video games, and travel – especially road trips around the Southwestern United States. She is an animal lover and currently has two cats (Padme and Fred) and a bearded dragon (Rocco) living at home.
Professional or Civic Affiliations:
· Member, State Bar of Nevada, 2019
· Member, State Bar of Florida, 2017
· Member, State Bar of Ohio, 2016
· Board Member (Secretary), Girls on the Run Las Vegas
Admitted to Practice:
· U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
· U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
· U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
· U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
· State of Nevada
· State of Florida
· State of Ohio
· The Ohio State University, Michael E. Moritz College of Law, Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2016
· The Ohio State University, Bachelor of Arts (English and Spanish), summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 2013